I can't believe it's not butter!
I cannot believe that I have once again not posted in so long. Shame on me..really!
Let's see..nothing new really to report other than school is trucking along....work is trucking along, life is trucking along which all means that I am...truckin along.
Wait, now I remember...
I have decided to volunteer now at RASAC (Rape and Sexual Abuse Center) as well as my duties at the Crisis Center, which is going great btw. Hopefully RASAC will have me and will let me either answer the phones on their crisis lines or be hospital accompaniment, which is where you meet rape victims at the hospital and are generally there for them during their ordeal. Either would be great and I'm looking forward to getting started.
I also volunteered to write letters to some elderly folks at a nursing home in nearby Murfreesboro, so they get a shiney spot in their day.
An no, I don't intend on volunteering all my time away. It's just something that I want to do.
Something else I want to do and have started as of this very day is a letter writing campaign to one of my state senators, Bill Frist. I want some change in legislation on organ donation. As you may or may not know (depending on how long you've been reading my stuff), my father is a transplant recipient. We waited a very long 10 months for him to get his transplant--and he was almost one of the 17 people per day who die while waiting. In several other countries around the world, they have an opt out option. Think Columbia House Record Club---if you don't tell us you don't want us to send you this cd, we're gonna send it to you. Well, this would work on the same principal...if you don't opt out of being an organ donor, we're assuming you want to be, therefore more people would be donors. I believe that most of the people who die and DON'T donate, do not do so because they are against it--instead I believe it's because they either a. didn't take time to fill out their donor cards or b. don't make their wishes known to loved ones or family.
So, I wrote Bill Frist a letter today (faxed him anyway) and am going to do some more tomorrow to other people to. If you want more info visit http://www.presumedconsent.org/index.htm
An now you know...the rest of the story

<< Home